I think it’s really important to write down goals. I once read that your goals and dreams are more likely to manifest if you’ve put them on paper (or for me, virtually at least). So now that Ive reflected on the year behind me, faced its challenges and looked back on the best bits (see my highlights of 2016). I’m now going to give myself some challenges of my own.
Ive got really specific about what I want to achieve this year, and have categorised my goals and resolutions into personal, life and work.
- Listen closely to my intuition – By taking more time to switch off and be more grounded to nature, taking snippets out of the day to meditate.
- Treat my body as a temple – This is going to require a lot of discipline as I’m always one to not finish what I start and I go through bouts of motivation and clean eating to then very quickly falling off the wagon. I want to be consistent next year with 4 main focuses: starting with daily yoga practice, keeping my hormones balanced, eating fresher food and meal prepping. I want to feel good from the inside.
- Be more in the moment – it’s so easy to be ‘elsewhere’ rather than being in the present, rather than worrying or thinking of my never ending to do list, I want to have more moments where I can just ‘be’
- Be more sociable – it’s so easy to become a hermit, especially when you’re in a routine and most definitely in winter when it’s cold outside and you just want to curl up with a hot drink. But I want to allow more like minded and new people in my life, and also make more time for those authentic friends who’ve been there for me. Rather than getting caught up being busy, I want to plan more things with friends and make a real effort to see people
- Minimal to no TV – Ive become really conscious about how much time myself and Corben spend with the tele on, even if just in the background. Lately Ive played the radio rather than using the tv as background noise. I want to limit Corben to watch it for just a few hours a day, because although CBeebies is informative and educational, we should be spending more time together, doing more crafts and cooking together and trying to get outside more. And in the evening I’ll catch up on work rather than being a couch potato
- Travel more! I can’t remember the last time I went abroad and am absolutely itching to visit new places and discover different cultures. The top places I’d like to visit are: Jamaica, Costa Rica and Italy. I may sit down and make some proper travel plans now that’s I ave more freedom, and 2017 will be the best year for me to do it before Corben is tied down to a school where we start living term by term. On that note…
- Spend more quality time with my son – i guess this goes back to being more in the moment, it’s easy to be distracted or even ignore your children at times but I really want to become more patient and spend more time actually doing activities, like I mentioned earlier, crafts, cooking, exploring, growing things, all that good stuff
- Take more videos and pictures – whenever I go somewhere new or do something with a friend I always regret not taking any or taking enough photos. I think they’re the perfect memoir to look back on and remember all the little things you actually did throughout the year
- Embrace a minimalistic and zero waste lifestyle – because Ive had to downsize twice in the last 8 months, I have become a lot less attached to my belongings and actually prefer having a small amount of things that are easy to keep on top of. I know where everything is, all the important bits of paper and random toys. I like having a clear space and organised storage, I find it’s much easier to get things done when there’s no clutter. I also am very conscious of how much waste I produce, since becoming vegetarian I’m more aware of the impact our every day decisions have on the planet. At some point I want to challenge myself to do a zero waste challenge.
- Volunteer – Ive come to a point in my life where I want to give back to community and help other people thrive, for my own sense of satisfaction but also to try and better the world or someone’s life in some way.
- Spread happiness wherever I can with little acts of kindness, like complimenting so,some I’m their dress ensue or makeup. Or paying for someone’s coffee who’s infront if me in the que
These are a combination of blogging (which I’m going to start treating like a business from this very moment), and being a freelance digital marketer. These are the main things I want to peruse and of course my interests and lifestyle might change but I’m lucky to be surrounded by people who are doing similar things and want a slice of that cake too! So here goes:
- Establish myself as a brand starting with my own domain and website – freeing me up to have more control over my blog
- Build a loyal and engaged following across social media
- Start getting into YouTube – I tried and failed in 2016 to do this but videos are something I really enjoy and want to start documenting things more and discuss topics and interested with a wider audience. I think video is such a great way to connect with people so I’m really focused on doing so
- Create better quality content – I realise by generally posting more regularly my writing and content ideas will naturally improve and evolve, so I guess the key is just to start posting more!
- Have a consistent income from freelancing and Virtual Assistant work – I know this is much easier said than done and could take years of hustling but being able to work remotely is my dream and now I’ll be doing so full time I’m dedicated to actually making this work
- Take an online course – I have so many interests that could be a future career path to follow, for me it’s interior design and photography. I’d love to take an online course to improve my skills and maybe one day set up a business with these skills
- Make an online course – I wouldn’t want to shout on a pedestal that I’m an expert, but there are a thing or two I know about social media, digital marketing and blogging that would be golden nuggets of wisdom to others. So I’d love to create an online course (which is something Ive wanted to do for a LONG time) to help others find their way, whether they’re aspiring bloggers or small business owners
- Collaborate with inspiring and empowering women in any and every way!
Wow okay. That’s a bit of a list! I could probably keep on going if I thought more about it but think I’ll cap it there. It’s a good thing Ive already started putting these into action and planning ways to achieve these goals. I’d love to know your resolutions no matter how big or small! Let me know in the comments.
Never miss a post with Bloglovin