If I focused on the negative, I’d probably say that 2016 has been the worst year of my life. But instead of moping around and wallowing in self pity I’m going to accept that this year has been …challenging and instead focus on all the good things that have happened, so I can start off 2017 on a good foot.
Highlights have been:
- Living walking distance from the beach – so many afternoons spent getting sandy toes, wind swept hair and weathered skin. Spending the summer collecting shells, eating ice creams and staggering back home with sand in our shoes and fresh air in our lungs. Bournemouth beach has seen my tears, my fears, my joy, my worries, and me baring all in the sea *ahem, skinny dipping is one thing I can tick off my bucket list*
- The amazing blogger friends I made, who were always there for me in my tough times! We’re planning a blogger trip to Rome, fingers crossed this actually happens in 2017!
- The lovely mum friends I’ve met who were good companions and support – spending afternoons at playgrounds and soft plays chatting over coffees and discussing the joys and frustrations of motherhood
- Discovering Dorset – it’s a part of the country I’d never seen much of before, only having stayed in Bournemouth once, it’s been so fun to explore the Jurassic coast and beyond
- Blog growth – getting to work with brands and gettimg paid opportunities, a bloggers dream! Highlights include working with Oxfam fashion and Velux
- Creating my own specific job role in Marketing at a family run company – a huge achievement for me having no uni experience, just determination and self taught social media management along with digital marketing
- Corben’s first day at pre-school and watching him in his first nativity play – he’s at an age that I absolutely adore, he’s become such an independent boy now as makes me smile and laugh every day
- Being a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding – an incredible two day celebration in an idyllic setting, which happened to get a bit messy toward the end!
- Building relationships with family who I haven’t spoken to in years
- Getting to experience a day of acting for the Poole Audi promotional marketing video – a great experience for me and Corben
- An ultimate spa day with Spa Experience Taunton (another opportunity through my blog)
- Winning an iPad and being surrounded by other entrepreneurs at the Networking Mummies Awards
- Spending Christmas with family
Generally pushing myself out of my comfort zone, experiencing new things, being open to meeting people and discovering so much about myself.
This year hasn’t been easy, it’s been stressful, heart breaking and at points where Ive been so low I didn’t think I’d get up again. But with all that being said it’s also been a year of overwhelming change and growth, personal growth. A good friend told me that there’s no such thing as failure, just lessons and life experience and I know by leaving an unhealthy relationship (see my post about a break up), despite what others think is going to be the best decision i ever made and is a sign of self worth and value. When something big and life changing happens it’s easy to let that take over everything, but I wanted to look back at everything else Ive done and achieved this year too.
I can hand on my heart say I’m not the same person as the one who entered this year and will continue to embrace self love, self care and educate myself spiritually. My next steps now are to create some concrete plans and goals for the year ahead. So keep your eyes posted for the next post!
Follow me on Bloglovin