Another Sunday has rolled around super quickly! If you read my last post about relaunching the blog, you’ll know Sundays mean a new self care post!
Today I want to share with you some great resources that inspire Self Care. Some of these are more recent finds, others have been a favourite of mine for years. I hope you find something here that inspires you:
- Create a feeling or mood with sound effect generators. Whether you want help to get into a productive mood or just need to settle your mind. I really love using this technique. Check out Noisili or A Soft Murmur.
- I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to Self Care and Wellbeing. I pin everything from essential oil blends that relax the mind and lists on how to practice self care every day.
- There are a hundred self help books out there, and I’ve read a few in my time. But there’s one which I adore called Living out Loud. It includes practical activities to help you improve your life and live more creatively.
- While we’re on the topic of books, I’d also recommend The way of F**k It. It’s one of those open at any page types, that give a little refreshing reminder to give less fucks basically. Encouraging you to do more of what you want and what makes you happy.
- This website allows you to write a letter to your future self. Which I think is a great motivational and cathartic exercise.
- I believe one of the best ways to reconnect with self is to have a digital detox. As much as I love the positive side of social media it can be very draining and a huge distraction from being in tune with nature, our intuition and just self. Detox retreats that focus on recharging your batteries are popping up all over, I’ve found the Social Media Detox Company based in Oxfordshire. Also check out It’s Time To Log Off for international retreats. Or if you’re disciplined enough you can try banning yourself from social media for a short while to curb your FOMO.
I’m going to update this list as often as I can with more resources to suit everyone at any point in their self care journey.
Have any self care resources you’d like to share? Let me know if the comments!