- Chamomile tea – invest in some potent tea with real chamomile flowers, let it brew for a few minutes, i always add honey to taste and drink up to an hour before going to bed.
- Lavender spray – i find anything with lavender extremely calming, having lavender placed near the pillow (or even underneath) will help your mind unwind. i like using a lavender room spray, not only does it smell amazing spritz throughout the bedroom but sprayed onto the pillows is a more subtle way to take advantage of it’s benefits.
- Switch off – we’re in an age where we’re all glued to our mobile devices (especially if you’re a blogger like me), any stimulation and especially bright lights from a mobile and television will keep the brain active and stop it from going into ‘snooze’ mode. I always find when i turn the internet off before bed and leave my phone on charge on the other side of the room there’s no temptation and my mind starts to relax and switch off. Perhaps you should challenge yourself to a no tech rule in the bedroom, or switch off after 9pm. Not only will your relationship improve but you’ll sleep much better and feel better for not being glued to your phone!
- Dim lighting – it’s proven that harsh bright lights at night can cause headaches and confuse the brain, our bodies naturally know when to start turning off but this is disrupted when you’re surrounded by bright lights in the evening. We’re quite an efficient family and never tend to leave the ceiling lights on and only use lamps which are much dimmer and definitely puts me on snooze mood.
- Read a book – so this one seems quite contradictory but someone told me when i was younger to read a book to help me fall asleep and i can say it works every time. There’s something about escaping into a book at night time in bed that just puts my lights out. I probably shouldn’t recommend as reading a book in dim lighting isn’t good for the eyes but it’s always worth a try!
And of course the Bruno Mattress would ensure you have the most comfortable sleep with it’s ergonomic design and 7-zone support to relieve pressure while also promoting a healthier spinal alignment. Bruno uses high density foam and natural latex which they believe is the secret to a mattress that’s not too soft or hard but providing the right support.
After reading through the amazing feedback and five star reviews of this mattress i can’t say i’m not tempted. I really think having a good nights sleep determines the rest of your day and as a mum constantly waking in the night to tend to a toddler’s needs at least i won’t have to battle with a mattress that doesn’t deliver on comfort! What do you think? Doesn’t the Bruno Mattress sound dreamy? If you’re not sure, there’s a 30 day trial to help you make your mind up: ‘Sleep on it. Choosing your bedfellow is a big decision and that’s why we give you 30 nights to test your Bruno Mattress.’
|*This was a sponsored post by Bruno|