we went to portobello road, to buy some portobello mushrooms at the portobello market. well that’s not the only reason we went but M being a fungi fanatic he couldn’t leave without buying some exotic mushrooms. so here we have a wild mushroom risotto. ever so simple (and doesn’t have to cost a fortune, plain old mushrooms from the supermarket will do)
you will need:
2 garlic cloves.
250g of risotto rice
1 vegetable stock cube
handful of parsley
a chunk of parmesan
knob of butter
slat & pepper
- heat about 2tbs of olive oil in a pan. crush the garlic and fry until golden. chop the onion and add to the pan. wash and chop the mushroom and add to the pan.
- whilst this is cooking, measure out the rice and boil the kettle for the stock cube.
- when mushrooms are cooked through add the rice and stir until coated.
- pour the boiling water into a jug with the stock cube and stir then slowly add to the pan, stirring constantly until the rice absorbs all the water. if the rice is undercooked add a splash of water and stir until cooked.
- take the pan off the heat, add the butter and stir in. cover for a few minutes to let the rice soak any excess liquid.
- finally season with salt & pepper to taste, scatter the chopped parsley on top and grate the parmesan over. serve and enjoy.